- Your Elected Officials
- Village Clerk
The Village Clerk is an elected official and is responsible for attending meetings of the Village Board and maintains the official records of its proceedings, publishes and attests to all resolutions and ordinances passed by the governing body and seals and attests to all contracts, licenses, permits and other documents of the Village.
The Village Clerk is also responsible for keeping the official minutes of all other Village Boards and Commissions, maintaining the North Riverside Municipal Code and overseeing all Village election responsibilities not assumed directly by the Cook County Clerk's Office.
Please note the Village Clerk is not the correct contact for the following requests. Links to these contacts are provided below or you may also contact the Cook County Clerk's Office, Department of Vital Records:
Registering to vote has never been easier or more convenient. Residents may register to vote online, by mail, or in-person at any of the following locations:
- Any Cook County Clerk's Office Location
- Illinois Secretary of State's Drivers License Facility
- Township Clerk's Offices (Proviso or Riverside Township based upon address)
- North Riverside Village Commons
To register to vote, individuals must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 18 years of age on or before the date of the next election
- Live in the election precinct at least 30 days before the date of the next election
- Provide two pieces of identification with one showing your current North Riverside address
By registering, you will be eligible to vote in national, state, county, township, local, and school district elections. On Election Day, voters who are not registered to vote can register and vote at their home precinct only. Any voter who is not registered and needs to know where to go to register and vote on Election Day can visit the County Clerk’s website to find their proper polling place by address or birthday.
Check your Registration Status & Polling Place
For more detailed voter information, please visit the Cook County Clerk's Office Election webpage.