North Riverside residents may safely dispose of unused/expired prescription or over-the-counter medication through the Village’s Prescription Drug Drop Off Program. No liquids, inhalers,
creams, ointments or lotions are accepted. You may bring your medications to the fire station 7 days a week between the hours of 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Needle Disposal Program
North Riverside residents can safely dispose of used needles through the Fire Department’s Needle Disposal Program. Residents can bring their used needles to the fire station 7 days a week between the hours of 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Please follow the guidelines below when brining needles to the fire station for disposal:
· Medical sharps may be placed in either a medical sharps container purchased from a pharmacy or health care provider, or in a heavy‐plastic or metal container.
· Household containers, such as plastic detergent bottles, can be used if heavy duty tape is used to secure the lid to the container and the words “Do Not Recycle” are written on the container with a permanent marker.
· The container should also be puncture‐proof with a tight‐fitting lid.
· Do not use clear or glass containers.
· Please do not overfill the containers.
Call us at 708-447-1981 if you have questions. Proof of residency is required when dropping off needles.