- Administration & Finance
- How Do I
- Apply For Disabled Parking Sign
Apply For Disabled Parking Sign
RESIDENTIAL DISABLED PARKING PROGRAM
The residential disabled parking program provides eligible North Riverside residents the ability to secure reserved parking on public streets that is necessary and accessible to their permanent residences in order to reasonably accommodate physical restrictions from a proven disability.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
- The applicant must permanently reside at the residence where the sign is being requested.
- The applicant must reside on a residential street that is zoned R-1 only.
- The applicant must have either a valid disabled Illinois license plate or a permanent disabled placard issued by the Illinois Secretary of State and registered at the current North Riverside address.
- The applicant must provide a physician’s certificate evidencing the existence of a disability and stating whether the condition is permanent or temporary. Only permanent disabilities will be eligible for this program.
- The applicant cannot have access to a driveway, apron or other off-street parking area in closer proximity to the residence.
- The applicant must be able to clearly demonstrate a parking issue on the street by providing evidence that parking is not available within a reasonable distance from the residence without the approval of a reserved disabled parking space.
- Only one residential disabled parking permit will be approved per NR residence.
- Permitted residential disabled parking stickers are valid for 1 year and expire in accordance the Village's annual vehicle sticker deadline (currently September 30th). Stickers must be permanently affixed to the lower corner of the designated vehicle’s driver side windshield and are not transferrable.
- If approved, the Village will erect one permitted disabled parking sign for a reserved parking space to a maximum of 25 feet in front of the NR residence.
- Each residential disabled parking space will be reserved only for vehicles that display a valid North Riverside disabled vehicle sticker matching the parking space’s applicable permit number.
- Vehicles in violation of any of these program guidelines will be subject to a ticket. Each ticket carries a fine of $250.00.
- $100 application fee
- $35 annual renewal fee ($25 maintenance fee + $10 disabled vehicle sticker fee)
- $5 replacement or transfer permit fee during year
Download the application, attach all the required documentation with the required payment and drop it off or mail it to: