Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
  1. Waiver for Building, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electric Work by Owner

    For Residential Building Permits

  2. The Building, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Codes allow a homeowner to build and install systems which comply with current codes.  However, if an inspection reveals that violations have been created by the homeowner who lacks the expertise to properly install plumbing, electrical equipment or other home improvement projects;  the homeowner will be required to consult or hire a licensed Electrician, Plumber or Contractor, as needed;  to properly alter any installations which are considered code violations.  Further, if the Village of North Riverside confirms that someone other than the homeowner physically performed or is performing the work for which the homeowner indicated he/she would be performing, all work for which the permit has been issued will be stopped until a licensed contractor has been hired and registered with the Village.  The licensed contractors will not only alter any installations that are not to code but shall complete the remaining work to be done.


    The homeowner shall indemnify and save harmless the Village of North Riverside, Illinois from all accidents and damages.


    Any additional inspections will require additional fees.


  3. Electronic Signature Agreement*

    By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.

  4. Homeowner 

  5. Special Note:  If you are a Contractor who also owns the property, State of Illinois Plumbing Codes (Sec. 3 (2) (225ILCS3201) require that the Owner must occupy the house for a minimum of six (6) months if the Owner does the plumbing.  If a licensed plumber does the plumbing work, there are no restrictions.

  6. Leave This Blank:

  7. This field is not part of the form submission.