The North Riverside Public Works Department is made up of 8 full time employees and seasonal help of 3-10 employees.
The Director of Public Works heads the department and is assisted by 1 Water Operator, 1 street foreman, 1 mechanic and 4 laborers.
This group of employees is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the streets, parks and grounds, water and sewer systems as well as the special programs like the Handyman Program. We have the following responsibilities:
- Over 4,900 village owned trees
- We have 33.93 miles of water main
- 370 fire hydrants
- 20.8 miles of sewer
- 489 manholes
- 33.165 miles of sidewalk
- 394 street lights
- We maintain 51 vehicles within our fleet between Police, Fire and Public Works as well as all the small equipment that the Village owns.
- We maintain both playgrounds, 14th Ave. Tot Spot and Commons Park playground
- We maintain Commons Park and Veterans Park ball fields along with soccer fields
- We also maintain most of the minor repairs within the Municipal Buildings.
If you have any questions about the services here at Public Works, please call 708-762-5885.